Welcome to Namator
Namator [neym-ey-ter] is an online name generator.
If you need some help to get started, please go to the help page.
Beren Baumgartner started Namator in 2004 because he couldn't find a name generator with the features
he needed. Necessity is the mother of invention!
The service itself went online in May 2005 with some additional features and a larger name database.
It has been growing ever since.
What is it good for?
If you need to create a name, Namator might help you find the right one!
Here are some common areas of application:
- Character and planet names for novels, screenplays, video games...
- Nicknames, online avatar names and RPG characters
- Company and product names
Before you use names generated with Namator in projects, always double-check on them! Since the
Namator database is pretty large it can't be guaranteed that the names are 100% accurate.
If you feel that a name you got just doesn't fit, please report it.
Please make sure that you don't infringe any copyright with your generated names.
How can I contribute?
- The fastest way is to report any problems you had and bugs you found while using Namator.
- Feel free to make suggestions and send ideas for new features.
Please know that when you send those,
you agree to allow me to use such ideas and suggestions freely without rewarding you for them.
If you don't agree, please don't send them.
- Another way is to link back to Namator.com
I will try to add new features and names in the future. But please remember
this site is run by a busy individual and thus won't be updated as often
as full commercial service run by a large company.
The fastest chicken catches the falling egg!